In the UK, the 10th-16th May is Mental Health Awareness Week. Conversation is now more open to mental health, thank goodness. It was totally not like this 30 years ago for sure.
These tips are my contribution to you for during this period. If you can implement one thing from the list it will move towards improving your mental health.
1. They move on and they don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They are kind, fair, and unafraid to speak up. They don’t worry about pleasing others.
3. They are willing to take calculated risks.
4. They invest their energy in the present, they don’t dwell on the past.
5. They accept full responsibility for their past behaviour. They don’t make the same mistakes repeatedly.
6. They are willing to fail, and they don’t give up after failing. The see every failure as a chance to improve.
7. They enjoy ‘alone time’ and they don’t fear being alone.
8. They have staying power and they don’t expect immediate results.
9. They evaluate their core beliefs and modify accordingly.
10. They tolerate discomfort and they accept their feelings without being controlled by them.
Warmest wishes, Maria.